Friday 19 December 2014

Bad Blood

I was thinking you could be trusted


Hey guys, are we over Christmas yet? Ready for 2015 to arrive?

Today, I want to talk about something on a bit more of a serious note. Recently, one of my best friends has been feeling a bit down about some of her friends. And I know, that she isn't alone in the world with this. I guarantee at any point in one's life, you will wonder about your friend/s. Let me share a little, personal story with you all.

A few years ago, my best friend in the whole world, who I had been friends with for over twelve years made the choice to screw me over. She basically stole thousands of dollars from me and my young family. And yet, it's never that simple. My daughter is named after her. I was aunty to her children, kids I absolutely loved and adored. But I couldn't forgive her for what she'd done - especially as she wasn't sorry. So I made the hard choice to dump her as a friend. After what had happened, I began seeing her for who she truly was and I didn't like her any more. It opened my eyes to other things that had happened in the past, and I began to realise that all she cared about most, was herself. She made me feel like I was the bad friend, over and over again, but I could see now that I was never completely in the wrong, and it was her way of keeping her hold over me.

This all happened about four years ago, and yet I still wonder what I would do if I ever bumped into her at the shops. I still wonder how her kids are, how her life is going. Sometimes, I still wonder if I made the right choice. But then I think about everything that happened, including a message from her mother apologising for the horrible actions of her daughter, and realise I've made the right decision. And if she wanted to keep me in her life, she would have done a lot more to try make it up to me, but she did nothing.



No one needs those kinds of people in their lives, people who make you feel bad, make you wonder, and they make you truly cherish the amazing friends you do have. We all have a short life to live, and we only get one. We shouldn't be wasting our time and energy with people who don't care. In saying that, every situation is different, and you have to assess your actions based on what you think. Whether your friends are putting you down, trying to steal others away from you, or even making you feel like they've left you behind, in the end you just need to do what is right for YOU. Always remember that.



 Claireplusone 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com