Monday 5 January 2015

Out of the Woods

We were in screaming colour
Hi guys :)

Today I want to tell you a bit about my "resolutions" for 2015. I say resolutions, but I really hate that word and everything associated with new years resolutions, because majority of us just don't keep them for long.

So I'm going to call it my Twenty-Fifteen Challenge. Okay, so basically as lame as resolutions. Really, I want it to be something that sticks.

Here's what my challenge is: To lose at least a kilo per month. To get into a routine of exercising at least three times per week. To start having a more well-rounded diet.

I know, I know. That's half the new years resolutions that get made. But this year HAS to be the year, or it's never going to happen. Honestly, I'm really sick of looking in the mirror and hating what I see. Now is as good a time as any to change that.



So here's how I'm going to accomplish it:

I have started by downloading some apps that I'm hoping will be motivation for getting my butt moving.

Couch-to-5K (iPhone / Android) - This app is designed to get your body ready to comfortably jog for 30 minutes, aka 5ks. It runs three times per week, for nine weeks. This is going to be my starting point for exercise. It will help me set a routine, and be my baseline for future exercising.

Noom Coach (iPhone / Android) - Noom is an app designed to help you log your meals/weight progress. It also has a pedometer to count your steps (although I'm not sure how accurate it is). This will help me to watch (not count!) my calorie intake, and make sure I'm on the right track. It also has groups, recipes and waist graphs, but those are only in the pro version of the app, which for now, I'll skip.

Water Your Body (Android) - Okay, so I know this probably seems stupid, but I actually have terribly trouble trying to drink ANY water during the day, much less 2litres of it. This app has regular notifications to remind you to drink water throughout the day, and tracks how much you have drunk/have still to drink. Perfect for a beginner like me!

Lorna Jane (iPhone / Android) - This app has a workout tracker, recipes and daily inspiration. Another app to give me extra motivation, plus the workout tracker is for more than just running/walking, which is perfect.

S Health - A Samsung app designed to help record workouts/weight. Just for a little extra motivation, because it's already on my phone!

So those are the apps that I've chosen to help me on my journey.

The other thing I've started is Lite n' Easy. By doing this, I'll be getting the appropriate number of calories set per day, with healthy choices, plus snacks too. This will be the way to start my well-rounded diet.



So that's my challenge for twenty-fifteen. What about you guys? What are your challenges for the new year? Do you have any other health/fitness apps that you can recommend me?

Until next time...

 Claireplusone 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com